60" Bale Cutter
- 57″ wide cutting edge
- 47″ cutting stroke
- Rugged and dependable
- Guarded for operator safety
Spadone’s Guillotines and Bale Cutters are designed for the most demanding applications. For over 100 years, Spadone has manufactured rugged and dependable machines for many industrial applications. Spadone’s Guillotines and Bale Cutters are used to cut tough, dense materials for which other cutting methods are inappropriate. The 60” Series Bale Cutter, is a fully contained, hydraulically-operated unit designed to cut natural and synthetic rubber bales, thick slab rubber, plastic purgings, films, foam resins, and other miscellaneous materials for recycling and reclamation purposes.
Designed to yield a low maintenance, low cost, long lasting impact to any cutting procedure
- Standardized cutter materials and weld patterns that have been developed over 100 years of material cutting industry service allow for consistent overall dimension tolerances and repeatable cuts on the hardest natural or synthetic rubbers and plastics.
- Fully welded cutter frames with casted sub-components (where necessary) ensure long equipment lifespan thereby minimizing replacement costs and increasing utilization. Any consumable components are designed for easy replacement and quick procurement.
- Spadone’s vast amount of industry experience and product testing have perfected the design of pneumatic and hydraulic cutters to accommodate a maximum cut width of 72″ and a maximum cutting height of 48″. We have engineered a great deal of flexibility into our cutters for simple integration into preexisting systems as well as the capability to suit any customer need or request.
Designed to effortlessly perform cutting processes and integrate into any customer operation
- Spadone Cutters are available options for connection both static and electrically powered in-feed and out-feed conveyance operations which can be vital for cutting material at constant or variable index lengths.
- Standard design packages supply a two-push button system using anti-tie down logic which requires both buttons be depressed simultaneously for operation thereby removing any chances for operator pinch points. Signal actuated systems are also available to connect cutter operations with customer line controls.
- Along with the anti-tie down logic, all cutters are supplied standard with machine guarding for operator safety. Machine guarding is framed in steel with clear paneling; or can be customized to the customer’s specifications and company guidelines. Additional safety parameters such as light curtains and pull cords are available upon request.
- Cutter equipment placement allows for a small, compact footprint. Hydraulic units can be installed underneath the cutter thus reducing a need for locating components outside of the cutter floor space.
- All bale cutters are delivered turnkey with mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic drawings and bill of materials for simple installation on field and to allow quick procurement of any spare or replacement parts.
|Effective Cutting Width||57”||Fixed|
Available per customer requirement
|Knife Force||96,200 lbs. force at 2,500 psi||
Configurable to customer requirement
|Force / Inch of Knife||1,688 lbs./in. for effective width||n/a|
|Cylinder||7″ bore x 48″ stroke||
Bore and stroke is configurable
|Cut Cycle Time (down & up)||24 seconds approx.||n/a|
|Recommended Maximum Pressure||2,500 psi||Variable|
|Hydraulic Oil||Mobil DTE-26 or equivalent||n/a|
|Reservoir||Reservoir capacities from 40 gallon to 150 gallon||Variable|
|Safety||Fixed Tunnel Guarding with options for interlocked access doors, safety mats, light curtains, etc.||n/a|
|Materials of Construction||Carbon steel with tool steel hardened blade, optional release coatings and stainless-steel construction available||n/a|
|Test Cutting||Material can be test cut by Spadone using pneumatic and hydraulic test cutter. Size limit 24″ wide x 12″ tall material.||n/a|